Sunday, April 13, 2008

Donate Now

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, I don't mean to disturb you. I am a lawyer. I went to the most expensive law school in the country and Citibank has a claim to my firstborn child. My plight is a typical riches to rags story. For a short time I basked in a salary so obnoxious and unjustified that I could have purchased your home right out from under you before you could say 'gentrification'. Straight out of school I was a shining manifestation of the quickly widening gap between America's rich and poor and the disappearance of any legitimate middle class. But I've been working for the City government for over a year now. Since then I've been forced to share my Upper West Side apartment, I haven't had a manicure since October 2006. I barely remember what the inside of a town car looks like. I've had to start getting my cocktails with Stoli instead of Grey Goose. and I'll have to live with the reality that I will never own a summer home in Montauk. Please help me so I can stay off the streets and out of trouble. Any small donation would help- a Bloomingdales gift card, Dolce & Gabbana handbag (this season please), a vente mocha frappaccino, even if you can spare only 40 or 50 dollars.... Thank you. Good night and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment