Friday, February 29, 2008

Conversation I think I had this morning

Setting: Slow elevator in unnamed non-rent-controlled building on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Cast: me and Alex- the rude, behemoth of a handyman who rings the doorbell a million times when he shows up unannounced to make repairs at 7am. Disclaimer: I was really sleepy and I can never be sure exactly what he's saying. But here's my recollection...... I stumble out of my apartment into the elevator. Me: Hi Alex: Okay Alex: Weren't you on the computer before when I came into your apartment? Me: No, I just got out of bed. That must have been A who opened the door (one of my many roommates). Alex: Well, you're all new faces to me. Me: I've lived here for seven years. Alex: Oh, you all look alike (we don't) except for the girl with the different face. Me: What? Alex: I don't know. ----Elevator opens a the lobby. I head for the front door----- Alex: Oh....you're the one they call the short one! (who exactly is 'they'?) Me: Have a good day. Hmmmm....Christmas tip? What Christmas tip?

No comments:

Post a Comment